SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONAL COMPLIANCE & ETHICS CONFERENCE
SCCE’s Virtual Regional Compliance Conferences provide updates on the latest news in regulatory requirements, compliance enforcement, and strategies to develop effective compliance programs. Eric Feldman and Mikhail Reider-Gordon will each be speaking on a panel.
Anti-Corruption: Government Priorities for 2021 — 9:45 AM PST
Brian Michael, Partner, King & Spalding
Eric Feldman, Affiliated Monitors Inc.
Sarah Levitt, Corporate Vice President, AGC, AECOM
- Meet the Enforcers: Insight on Recently Announced Appointees and Potential Candidates for Enforcement Leadership Roles
- Anticipated DOJ Enforcement Priorities: Comparison of the New and Outgoing Administrations
- Expectations for Other Enforcement Agencies, including CFPB, Special IG for Pandemic Recovery, Agency OIGs, and Suspending and Debarring Officials
- Likely Interplay Between Federal and State Enforcement Activity
Building or Altering Your Compliance Program On the Fly: How to Prioritize When Regulators, Monitors or Other External Forces Demand Immediate Changes — 1:00 PM PST
Mikhail Reider-Gordon, Affiliated Monitors, Inc.
- This session will examine how those within corporate compliance departments and related groups can work to prioritize addressing compliance deficiencies identified by external drivers where demands for immediate corrective actions collide with resource limitations.
- Many companies feel overwhelmed when outside supervisory authorities identify a litany of regulatory compliance deficiencies and fail to give precedence to those that can have the most devastating impacts.
- How do senior management, Corporate Counsel, Ethics & Compliance departments and other internal stakeholders learn to recognize and remediate areas of deficiency when urgency eclipses long-term plans?