The NAAG Consumer Protection Spring Conference will take place from May 24-26, 2022, in Raleigh, North Carolina. With the support of the NAAG Consumer Protection Committee, this conference will address pressing and relevant issues related to consumer protection. Sessions during the public portion of the conference will include:
- Panel of Attorneys General
- Panel of Attorneys General, including Consumer Protection Committee Co-Chairs Generals Kwame Raoul (IL) and Herbert H. Slatery III (TN), as well as Generals John Formella (NH), Josh Stein (NC), and TJ Donovan (VT).
- Making Dark Patterns into Light Work: Perspectives on Enforcement and Ethical User Design
- Negotiations: If Everyone’s Unhappy, You Must Be Doing Something Right
- Consumer Complaints: Top Complaint Types and Why They Are Concerning to Attorneys General
On Tuesday, May 24, registration opens for the public at 11:30 a.m., with lunch and the panel of attorneys general starting at noon. The public portion of the conference concludes with a reception that ends at approximately 7:30 p.m. The private, nonprofit, and government sectors are invited to attend the public portion of the conference.
- May 24-Public: Registration begins for public attendees at 11:30 a.m. and concludes with a reception which ends at approximately 7:30 p.m.
- May 24-AG Staff Only: Registration and breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m. for AG staff and concludes with a reception which ends at approximately 7:30 p.m.
- May 25-AG Staff Only: Breakfast begins for AG staff at 8:00 a.m. and sessions end at approximately 5:00 p.m.
- May 26-AG Staff Only: Breakfast begins for AG staff at 8:00 a.m. and the conference ends at approximately 1:30 p.m.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, May 18, 2022. For registrations after that date, an additional $100 late fee will be assessed.