In this podcast episode, Tom Fox and Mikhail Reider-Gordon continue our multipart series on the Wirecard accounting fraud. Today, we take up the issue of fraud in the Wirecard saga.
Some of the highlights include:
- Did Wirecard ever make money?
- Was Wirecard even designed to make money?
- Was it simply a Ponzi scheme??
- Why BCCI and not Enron was Wirecard’s role model?
- How could BaFin employees oversee Wirecard while investing in it? (Ans: they couldn’t)
- What is Round-Tripping fraud and how did Wirecard master it?
Listen below, or on the Compliance Podcast Network Website