Mikhail Reider-Gordon is back on the Compliance Podcast Network to give podcast listeners an update on the unfolding Wirecard fraud scandal. In this episode, she takes a deep dive into the conflicts of interest by German regulators who were investing in Wirecard while (allegedly) regulating it.
Some of the highlights include:
- Current events;
- Head of APAS invests in Wirecard and the Investigative Committee is Astonished;
- What is a Conflict of Interest after all and does hindsight affords clear vision?
- EY is certainly economical with the truth;
- Germany’s two-tier system, drowning in risk pools and regulators don’t read;
- Whistleblowers galore (but not enough for the 12 Days of Christmas);
- BaFin-detecting crime is not our remit; and
- What were all the missed opportunities.