Every year, this program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. This program covers Stark, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and the enforcement efforts in these areas. Faculty will also address emerging regulatory trends, recent case law and legislative developments, and how they will affect legal and compliance practices in health care.
Some of the breakout sessions being offered are:
- Defending Against Claims of Health Care Fraud in the Age of Government “Big Data” Mining
- Medical Necessity and The False Claims Act–Lions and Tigers and Experts, Oh My!
- Self-Disclosure in 2017: Options and Opportunities
- New Compliance Program Guidance from DOJ and HHS-OIG
- A Brave New World: Defending Physician Compensation Arrangements in the Current Enforcement Environment
- Top Legal and Compliance Threats Facing In-House Counsel and Compliance Officers
- Introductory sessions on Stark, Anti-Kickback Statute, Privacy and Security, False Claims Act, and Fair Market Value
The program begins on Wednesday, October 4 at 1:30 pm and ends Friday, October 6 at 2:45 pm. The full schedule will be available soon.
There are many networking opportunities provided during the 2 1/2 days. In addition to the breakfasts and receptions sponsored by HealthCare Appraisers and VMG Health, Thursday morning we are offering a separate Compliance Professional Networking Breakfast, and on Friday morning, there will be a Networking Breakfast hosted by AHLA’s Women’s Leadership Council and sponsored by Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. There is no additional fee for these events, but space is limited and pre-registration is required.